Friday, September 26, 2008

The Dodger Way

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Dodgers for winning the National League West. It has to be especially sweet for Joe Torre, who is in his first year as Manager of the Dodgers after a long and successful stint with the New York Yankees. The Yankees parted ways with Torre after 2007 and failed to make the playoffs for the first time since 1994, a year before Torre took over the helm.
I had the chance to be part of a pre-game interview with Torre on June 8, 2008. Torre was very relaxed and confident about a playoff run for the Dodgers. His confidence was well founded.
I also helped Coach Larry Bowa with fielding practice. It started out simply enough with me asking him a couple questions. Before I knew it, I retrieved a couple baseballs and tossed them to Bowa to be hit to his infielders. The story sounds better if I just stop at the fact that I did help Bowa with fielding practice!
Larry Bowa and me at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, CA-June 8, 2008.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude what do you do that you were on the field like that? Are you a sports reporter?

Anonymous said...

I just hope they found out who that Greek guy was that tried to muscle up that poor little actress who sang the National Anthem. That guy was suspicious and should have been arrested.

Anonymous said...

The LA crowd attracts many weirdos.

That had to be so cool being there.

Anonymous said...

I am always amazed at how beautiful ballparks are. Look at the grass. Look at the sharp colors.
Of course, I am partial to Dodger Blue.

Johngy said...

This was one of the greatest experiences of my life. My photog Flash had a blast, too.