Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Family Ties in Novi

I was doing some work around the Detroit area. The first place I needed to go was a convention center in Novi about 25 miles west of Detroit. After driving from Chicago, I hit the restroom for a quick break before I met my client. After splashing some cold water on my face, I looked in the mirror and saw Michael Gross standing at the sink next to mine. I learned that Gross (and several other celebrities) were there for the Motor City Comic Con. We walked out of the restroom together and I had a chance to talk to him as he walked to his table. In the 80's, Gross played the nice dad on tv's Family Ties. The 'nice' part wasn't an act. Gross was so extremely nice to me (and others). We chatted for a few minutes and he was genuinely touched when I asked him about his sister Mary. A little known fact on Gross is that he and his Family Ties co-star Meredith Baxter were born on the same date.
Michael Gross and me in Novi, MI-May 2007.

1 comment:

Steve Gierman said...

I always liked Michael Gross. It's good to hear that he's as nice in person as he was on Family Ties.