Monday, December 29, 2008

Friendly Encounters

This is another in a series of meetings of my friends and celebs.

I have only recently met Erin Galligan, but my sister's family has known the Galligan family for quite a while. My nephew Matt (Big Money) and Erin are now dating (and I think they make a nice couple). Erin and her whole family are big White Sox fans.
Erin's uncle Marty and aunt Cathy won a silent auction and received tickets to a game and the opportunity to meet the players during batting practice. For real fans, it doesn't get much better!
This was in 2004, which was Ozzie Guillen's first year of managing the team. Little did anyone know that the next season Guillen would win AL Manager of the Year for leading the Sox to the 2005 championship!
By the way, in keeping with the tradition of 2 of my favorite bloggers (White Sox Cards and 78 Topps Cards), Don Cooper (pitching coach) is one of the 2 people in the background.
Kailee Galligan (sister), uncle Marty, Ozzie Guillen, Erin and aunt Cathy at US Cellular Field in Chicago, IL-May 2004.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww that is a cute photo. Nice to see some pretty faces on your blog, instead of just your mug. LOL

Big Money said...

Hey don't get any ideas that is my pretty face. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Johngy, Your blog is fun, but we need less of your face!
Just kidding, big guy!