Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Alan Ruck at the 2008 Motor City Comic Con

When I met Alan Ruck at the Motor City Comic Con in 2007, once again I mentioned my favorite role to him and once again I was one of a very few who mentioned that specific role. I stand by my choice of his portrayal of Cameron Frye in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Ruck has gone on to many other great roles. I really liked him in tv's Spin City. He also carved a niche in the Star Trek franchise. Another solid, although underrated performance was in The Happening. Still, for me, his defining role was as Frye in FBDO.
As I wrote in the earlier piece on Ruck, he was so nice. In 2008, he was called away from his booth for an interview session. When he returned about 15 minutes later, he was so apologetic. Ruck is definitely a fan favorite and it is all genuine.
Alan Ruck and me at the Motor City Comic Con in Novi, MI-May 2008.

No comments: