Sunday, April 19, 2009

Friendly Encounters-Greek Easter Edition

This is another in a series of meetings of my friends and celebs.

However, this is a special edition, celebrating Greek Easter. Who better to honor on Greek Easter than my friend Chuck T. Gekas (aka Chachi)?
Chuck and I have been friends for about 15 years. Previous to that, Chuck actually worked with my sister Jean at the Sun-Times when I was at DePaul. I saw him then, but I didn't know him.

Fast forward 10 years and Chuck joined Lerner Newspapers as the VP of Advertising. We quickly became friends, bonding over our love of sports, sports pools, garbage ball and pettiness. I don't think there was a thing we didn't try to bet on (all big bets, too...usually $1 per).
Last year, Chuck and Chief Pellum (his granddog) enjoyed an afternoon at Horner Park
in Chicago (IL) for their annual Easter egg hunt for dogs. No word on how Chief Pellum did. Had I been there, there would have been bets aplenty, though.
Chuck T. Gekas and his Granddog Chief Pellum and the Easter Bunny in Chicago, IL-Easter 2008.

No comments: