Monday, March 15, 2010

Friendly Encounters

This is another in a series of meetings of my friends and celebs.

Recently, I came across a blog which caught my eye. Evan Chavez is the voice of I Love This Game, which lets you know what it's like to be a fan 800 miles from your favorite MLB team and 10 miles from their AAA farm club.
Chavez lives in Albuquerque (NM) and is a Los Angeles Dodgers fan. He is also a fan of their minor league affiliate, the Albuquerque Isotopes and is a season ticket holder.
I Love This Game has a lot of great stories and awesome pictures. Chavez says, "Isotopes Park is very fan friendly and it is real easy to gain access to the players. The players are always willing to sign autographs
and are all super nice."
I am always looking out for great celebrity pictures and Chavez has a bunch with Isotopes. The first one I saw is shown below. It is of Chavez with Shawn Estes (a long time favorite of mine) and Jason Repko, members of the 2009 Isotopes. Chavez met the pair at a meet-and-greet picnic for season ticket holders.
Chavez's site is cool even if you are not a Dodgers fan. I look forward to seeing what he does with it this season and I will have some updates from him in the future.

Shawn Estes, Evan Chavez and Jason Repko at Isotopes Park in Albuquerque, NM-2009.

No comments: