Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Celeb Rookie Cards #22 Alan Ruck & Billy Crystal

They aren't perfect, but they are my attempt at the world of virtual cards. They are the Celebrity Rookie Cards.

Leading off today is one of the nicest celebrities I have ever met. Alan Ruck's portrayal of Cameron Frye in Ferris Bueller's Day Off put him on the path to stardom and onto a Celebrity Rookie Card. Rumor has it that the reson for the Red Wings jersey was to cement Frye's bad decision-making, which contributed to his glum demeanor. I would rather believe Ruck had the foresight to see himself here!
Billy Crystal was actually signed by the New York Yankees. Oh sure, it was for his 60th birthday and was only a one day contract. Even so, it fulfilled a dream of his, a Celebrity Rookie Card. Okay, seriously, Crystal has been a Yankees fan all of his life. Although he earned a baseball scholarship to Marshall University, he never played a game there, because the program was folded. Despite his love for the Yankees, Crystal wore a Mets cap in City Slickers and he is a part-owner of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Crystal has been in show business long enough to allow me to use my favorite card, the 1976 Topps (it was my first set).

1 comment:

Steve Gierman said...

Great work!

I'll work on your 2002 card later in the week.