Sunday, August 7, 2011

Celeb Jersey Cards #64 Josh Duhamel & James Van Der Beek

This is a regular series which combines my passion for trading cards with my interest in celebs.  Once again, we go to the left coast for some Celebrity Dodgers.

Actor Josh Duhamel went from Pine Valley to Vegas and married a Black Eyed Pea.  He was a football player at Minot State University, but he showed off his baseball skills at a Dodgers charity event.  The action below looks like a second baseman turning the double play, but it also looks like he is on the pitching mound.  I'll move past my confusion and give him points for wearing the Dodgers cap on his Celebrity Jersey Card.
Fellow actor James Van Der Beek played a quarterback in Varsity BluesHis father was a minor league pitcher in the Dodgers organization.  Van Der Beek never played pro ball, but he did play for the Dodgers in a charity event.  He gets points for the Dodgers cap, but I wonder if the #3 has any significance.  I doubt it is for current Dodgers utilityman Ronnie Belliard.  It could be for his father, but I doubt a pitcher wore #3.  Maybe it is for Dodgers legend Willie Davis.  Either way, I see Van Der Beek as a shortstop.

No comments: