Sunday, August 14, 2011

Celeb Jersey Cards #65 Dario Franchitti & Bryan Caswell

This is a regular series which combines my passion for trading cards with my interest in celebs. I am featuring two Astros in honor of my upcoming trip to Houston.

Race car driver Dario Franchitti was born in Scotland, but is of Italian descent. Franchitti has been racing for over twenty years.  He is married to Ashley Judd.  None of this explains why he was wearing an Astros jersey.  His last win was in Fort Worth (TX), but that would be closer to the Rangers.  I listed him at SS, because as a racer few things are more important than short stops (sorry).
Bryan Caswell is a native Houstonian and chef/owner of Reef, a fantastic restaurant located in Houston.  Caswell put on a #51 Wandy Rodriguez jersey for his pitch.  Of course he got a strike.  He is used to hitting the plate!

3 comments:

Hackenbush said...

"He's used to hitting the plate". Whooo aahhh!

John Bateman said...

I saw part of the movie Double Jepoardy the other day. Dario is very fortunate to be married to Ashley Judd. She is incredible
looking and your 1986 Topps card does not look to bad either.

Johngy said...

Hackenbush-Sorry. I can't (but should) stop myself.
John-Thanks!