Sunday, September 4, 2011

Celeb Jersey Cards #68 Scott Stapp (A Two Sport Star)

This is a regular series which combines my passion for trading cards with my interest in celebs.  A few days ago, I wrote about my friend Jim Gekas celebrating the end of the baseball season and the beginning of football season.  Today, singer Scott Stapp follows Jim's lead with some two sport action.

Stapp is one of the many celebrities to suit up for a Dodgers charity softball game.  Stapp appears to be standing on second base, possibly indicating he doubled (or maybe he just advanced after singling).  Stapp looks natural out there, although he lacks the forearms of Steve Garvey, the most famous #6.
When I was growing up, Danny White was one of my favorites.  The punter-quarterback followed Roger Staubach, but never quite lead the Cowboys to the promised land.  Stapp borrowed White's #11 when he performed the National Anthem.  Interesting that he wore a quarterback number.  With "arms wide open", I would have thought he would have made a better receiver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't decide if I like Creed or not. Some of their songs are great, while others sound like they are just mimicking themselves.

Johngy said...

Well said. I feel pretty much the same.