Sunday, January 15, 2012

Celeb Jersey Cards #87 Bret Michaels & Aubrey O'Day

This is a regular series which attempts to combine my passion for bubblegum cards with my interest in celebrities.  Today I am saluting two AFC North division rivals who both got booted from the playoffs last week.

Bret Michael Sychak was born in Pittsburgh (PA) and grew up to become Bret Michaels, lead singer of Poison.  I have to admit I am not all that familiar with Poison, nor do I care to be, but I cannot deny the success Michaels has had.  I appreciate Michaels waving the Terrible Towel and wearing #43 for Troy Polamalu, but I can do without the hat.  A cowboy hat in Pittsburgh?  The total package is good enough to earn Michaels a Celebrity Jersey Card.

On the other end of the spectrum is Aubrey O'Day, who is listed as a singer, actress, tv personality, fashion designer and model.  Originally from San Francisco (CA), O'Day was a member of the girl group Danity Kane.  While she does not share the same musical success as Michaels, they do have similar hair (I like Aubrey's better though). I have no idea where the Bengals connection derives, but I found no other celeb wearing the stripes.  O'Day does seem to be shedding her fluff image with her recent stints on Broadway.

3 comments:

John Bateman said...

Good custom of the 1984 Topps set, not sure who she is but she is probably the best thing to wear a Bengal jersey since Chris Collinsworth

Johngy said...

One of my friends in Ohio mentioned that I had not had any Cincy teams represented yet. He looked long and hard before he finally found a "celebrity" wearing any Cincy jersey. I had not heard of her either, but she appears to be making a bit of a name for herself.

Hackenbush said...

I don't know about you but Aubrey didn't make me think of Chris Collinsworth. :)