Saturday, February 18, 2012

Celeb Jersey Cards #93 Maria Sharapova & Flea

This is a regular series which attempts to combine my passion for trading cards with my interest in celebrities.The Los Angeles Lakers are kind of like this feature.  Both are combine celebdom with sports.  I could have also said both are wildly successful, but I am much too humble for that.

Wildly successful can also be used to describe Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova.  She has won 24 singles titles, including three grand slam singles titles and has been ranked #1 on four separate occasions.  Her popularity, personality and looks have lead her to off-the-court success in modeling and endorsements.  I am trying to get Sharapova on board as the celebrity spokesperson for Celebrity Jersey Cards (although I doubt I will be wildly successful in that attempt).  Sharapova's #04 probably pays homage to the year generally considered as her breakthrough year.

Michael Balzary is one of the founding members of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  Better known as Flea, he is regarded as one of the best rock bassists of all time. I am sure his dexterity on the bass would translate to his ball-handling skills, but would it compensate for his 5'6" stature on the court?  I am guessing Flea's #24 is for Kobe Bryant, although I would love it if it was for Ron Boone.

1 comment:

Hackenbush said...

Maria's ok I guess. You know, if you like pretty, tall, blonde, athletic rich girls. If you're into that. cialende;)