Sunday, February 5, 2012

Celebrity Jersey Cards #90 Mark McGrath & Mayor Michael Hancock

This is a regular series which attempts to combine my love of trading cards with my interest in celebrities.  Today is Super Bowl Sunday and I have cards representing both teams.

Representing the New York football Giants (going old school there) is singer, actor, tv host Mark McGrath.  The lead singer of Sugar Ray also went old school with a Spider Lockhart jersey.  This isn't my favorite Celebrity Jersey Card, but it is definitely my favorite jersey on a celebrity so far.
Carl Ford "Spider" Lockhart was a defensive back for eleven years with the Giants, retiring after the 1975 season.  The two-time Pro Bowler had 41 interceptions in his career (three returned for TD's).  He also punted 13 times during his career.  Of course he did...he's Spider Lockhart!.

As the participant in many jersey bets with my brother-in-law and nephew, I really respect Denver's Mayor Michael Hancock.  Of course, I'd respect him more if he won the jersey bet.  Still, by making an appearance on a Celebrity Jersey Card, didn't he actually win after all?

No comments: