Monday, March 19, 2012

Friendly Encounters:Nick Meets Kerry Wood

This is a weekly series about friends who have met celebs.

I first met Nick Verveniotis through softball connections.  I was called into substitution duty and Nick was kind enough to vacate the catching spot for me (you really didn't want to see me playing in the outfield).
Nick has appeared here before meeting a wide array of celebs from cartoon characters to mascots.  He is always a good sport about lending these pictures (okay, sometimes I just steal them and he has no real choice).
Nick has run into Cubs pitcher Kerry Wood twice.  I must be the only person not to just run into celebrities.  Anyway, Nick was able to get a picture with the popular Cub.  That picture is proudly displayed in a picture cube (Nick has a picture cube?) on his desk (Nick has a desk?).
Nick Verveniotis and Kerry Wood in Chicago, IL-Summer 2005.

No comments: